Saturday, March 20, 2010

Survival Update

Ello poppits

So week one of doom has been survivable. Mind you, I no longer sleep well, not that I ever did since moving here, but still, it's becoming a burden. I was so burnt out this Friday after the week that I felt like falling asleep as I was walking home. Of course, I didn't take a nap because I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I should have napped because I still couldn't get myself to dream land. I did, however, get to spend 2 hours making a fantastic timeline for my fluoride project. Got plenty of cleaning done as well.

So the more academic stuff...

Monday we had a Dental Materials Theory test. No idea how I did on that, it was a very tricky test. I'd be happy to pass. Learning how to take radiographs as well. Getting the angle is harder that I thought, but at least I know what to try this time.

Tuesday was an Anatomy and Physiology test. I'm pretty sure I did alright on that test. Lab portion of Dental Materials was a stupid amount of stressful. I did manage to get a perfect alginate mold. I'm over the moon about that because my group covered me for clean up so I could get the dental stone poured and have a lovely model this week.

Wednesday contained a lovely day of tests. I have the results for those, and I must say my hermit lifestyle and self-made study packages worked really well for me. In Pre-Clinic Theory I got 97% and Microbiology & Infection Control left me with 100%!!! To say the least, I was so thrilled I asked a few girls if they wanted to go to the Boston Pizza and get some green beer. Then we went downtown and blew off some steam walking around. It was quite a nice St. Patty's Day.

Thursday... to be honest, I just remember surviving. It was very dry and... just painful.

Friday we were all zombies in Pre-Clinic Practice.

Next week is another test and a shiz load of more readings, so I'm actually writing this on my break. Spending the majority of the day with my God father, his wife, and his wife's many siblings. Did I mention I'm writing this at their place? Getting a few hours of studying in while they go out shopping. I skipped out on going shopping to make 1/4 of my Dental & Orofacial Anatomy. Damn, I'm committed

Making sure to floss!
(Because if you go 24-48 hours without brushing and flossing, the plaque will calcify and that means you guys are stuck at the dentist longer. And I know you don't want that unless I'm your Hygienist.)

Shouts to Alley and Sharra!

2 comments:

  1. you being a hermit but maintaining some social life is nice

    We need to set up a webcam session ok
    I feel like we haven't even talked that much PRIOR to you leaving :(:(:( (cause you worked so much!!)

    anyways :(
    your hermitism is somewhat inspiring - I wish that i could achieve good grades. I think I will start accepting lack of social life and see how it will turn out... I wish I had your concentration and your brains. sigh!

    ReplyDelete