Sunday, June 20, 2010

RIP Uncle Sandy

So...

I found out late last week that my uncle passed away in Calgary. He was very close with my dad, and many other relatives here. My family and I used to drive over to seem them almost every summer when my sister and I were kids, and it was always a bunch of fun. I spent the majority of the weekend with family, and they told me a lot of stories about my family tree. This is by far my favourite quote:

"If you don't serve yourself, you'll never get anything to eat"

He was talking to, my now-part-of-the-family-but-was-just-a-boyfriend-way-back-when-Uncle when he came over for dinner for the first time and he was waiting for someone to pass some food down. When Uncle Sandy said that, he never lifted his head and spoke between bites. I find that quite comic.

Happy Father's Day, to both him, and my dad, and all the other fathers out there.

Keep flossing

No comments:

Post a Comment